March 17 - June 14, 2023
Application Submission Period:
March 17 - June 14, 2023
Rules & Regulations
Ortho Dermatologics (the "Program Sponsor") is sponsoring a Dermatology Scholarship Program to recognize citizens of the United States who have been diagnosed with and treated for a dermatologic condition and who are pursuing higher education. Applicants need not have used an Ortho Dermatologics product to be eligible. Use of an Ortho Dermatologics product will not increase an applicant's chance of being awarded a scholarship. Each recipient will be awarded up to $10,000 for the academic calendar year 2023-2024 (a “Scholarship”). Scholarships will be awarded in two distinct categories: Undergraduate and Graduate. Three (3) Scholarships will be awarded within each of the two (2) scholarship categories for a total of six (6) Scholarships to recipients meeting the criteria designated in the Rules & Regulations below.
The Ortho Dermatologics ASPIRE HIGHER Scholarship Program (the "Program") recognizes persons in the United States who have been diagnosed with and treated for a dermatologic condition (such as acne, rosacea, eczema, atopic dermatitis, or actinic keratosis) who are pursuing higher education.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Agreement to Rules & Regulations
By submitting an application you are unconditionally agreeing to be bound by these Rules & Regulations and the decisions of the Program Sponsor, its directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, and affiliated and related companies and their successors and assigns (the “Sponsor Parties”), which are final and binding in all matters related to the Program. If, under the laws of the state where you live, you are considered a minor ("Minor"), then you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian prior to submitting your application. By submitting an application to the Program you are certifying that you are not a Minor or if a Minor, you have obtained permission from your parent or legal guardian to do so. In addition, you are certifying that you are a United States citizen.
Being awarded a Scholarship is contingent upon fulfilling all of the requirements set forth herein. Scholarship recipients are responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes.
The Program Sponsor is awarding a total of up to $10,000 each to 6 individuals. Total value of all 6 scholarships combined is up to $60,000. To be eligible for a Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Are a United States citizen residing in the United States who, at time of application, have been accepted to, or are currently or will be attending an accredited, two- or four-year college, university, or an advanced (post-high school) vocational or technical school ("Qualifying Institution") as a student in the upcoming 2023-2024 school year. Proof of admission and current enrollment will be required at the time the scholarship is awarded
- Have been diagnosed with a dermatologic condition, at some point were under the care of a licensed dermatologist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner working in a dermatology practice. Applicants need not have been treated with an Ortho Dermatologics product to be eligible for the scholarship. Use of an Ortho Dermatologics product will not increase an applicant's chance of being awarded a scholarship
- Qualify for one of the two scholarship categories: Undergraduate Scholar Awards (eligible students must have applied to, been accepted to, or are currently attending a Qualifying Institution in pursuit of an undergraduate or vocational/technical degree); Graduate Scholar Awards (eligible students must have applied to, been accepted to, or are currently attending a graduate program at a Qualifying Institution in pursuit of a graduate degree). Each scholarship category will award 3 scholarships to 3 different students for a total of 6 scholarships
- Write an essay that describes the impact your diagnosed dermatologic condition has had on your life, as well as the role your dermatologist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner has played in helping treat the condition
- Obtain 2 letters of recommendation and information about your school and community activities
- Have your treating dermatologist, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner working in a dermatology practice sign the 2023 Medical Statement Form to confirm your dermatologic condition. This form will be accessible to you during the on-line application process. The 2023 Medical Statement Form must be signed by you and the treating dermatology practitioner
- Each recipient will be awarded up to $10,000 for the upcoming academic calendar year 2023-2024 and will be required to supply documentation of proof of admission to and enrollment in the specified school for that year. Scholarships are not based on financial need. The award will go only towards tuition of up to $10,000. If tuition is less than $10,000, then only that amount will be provided for the scholarship award.
The following dates apply to the Program:
- March 17 - June 14, 2023 Period during which applications will be accepted
- end of July 2023 Date by which scholarship recipients will be notified
How to Apply
Submit an online application through this website (www.AspireHigherScholarships.com).
Each applicant may submit only one application. In the event an applicant submits more than one application, only the last application received will be accepted; all previously submitted applications shall be deemed to have been withdrawn. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Carefully review your application before submission. All pages must be completed and entered in the format required. Once the application is submitted, no further additions or revisions may be made.
All applications must be submitted online between March 17 - June 14, 2023. There are NO EXCEPTIONS; late applications will not be considered. The Program Sponsor is not responsible for and will not consider any late, lost, misdirected or incomplete applications.
All information contained in the application must be complete, true and verifiable, and otherwise meet all eligibility requirements of the Program. Any application containing false or intentionally or materially misleading information shall be disqualified.
Upon submission, all entries become the property of the Program Sponsor and will not be returned to the applicant.
The required essay must be written solely by the applicant. Essays must be submitted by uploading them into the Application section of this Web site at AspireHigherScholarships.SMApply.net. Essays may not refer to ANY specific brand of over-the-counter or prescription medicine or product. Any said mentions of product names within the essay submission will result in disqualification of the essay. Essay content cannot be posted on or based on material posted on social media or any Internet sites (including but not limited to Facebook®, Instagram®, YouTube®, TikTok®, or Twitter®). Furthermore, the essay cannot defame or invade the publicity rights or the privacy of any person, living or dead, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights. The essay may not be offensive or inappropriate, as determined by the judges at their sole and absolute discretion. The Program Sponsor reserves, at its sole and absolute discretion, the right to disqualify any application it deems to be inappropriate, offensive or not in keeping with the Program Sponsor's image. All essays and all rights to their publication become the property of the Program Sponsor, which may use, edit and excerpt these entries, including the applicant's name, dermatologic diagnosis, and the content of the essay for promotional or any other purpose, including placing them online at www.AspireHigherScholarships.com without attribution or compensation.
Letters of recommendation must be written and signed by the person who is making the recommendation.
By submitting an application, the applicant (or, if the applicant is a Minor, the Minor's parent or legal guardian) acknowledges and agrees that the Program Sponsor shall own the submitted application (and all information contained in the application) and that the Program Sponsor may use, including as part of Scholarship publicity campaigns, at its sole and absolute discretion, the application (or any portion of the application), including, without limitation, the names, dermatologic diagnosis and likenesses of the applicant, or the content of the essay, in any manner and in any medium or form, whether now known or not currently known, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to the applicant or any third party.
The Program Sponsor reserves the right to use the Scholarship recipients' names, likenesses and quotes in any advertising, websites or promotional materials relating to this competition without further notification, permission, or compensation to the recipients.
A recipient may decline to participate in any publicity campaign related to being awarded a Scholarship; in such a case, the recipient's city and state will be used to identify the recipient. However, such a request shall have no effect on ownership of the Scholarship applications by the Program Sponsor as otherwise provided for in these Rules & Regulations.
Any application that attempts to restrict or otherwise limit the rights of Ortho Dermatologics to use the application or any portion of the application shall be deemed to have been withdrawn.
All applications will be reviewed by a panel of judges composed of representatives chosen by the Program Sponsor.
The judges will first review each application to ensure the submission is complete and the applicant meets all of the eligibility requirements contained in these Rules & Regulations. All incomplete submissions and applications submitted by ineligible applicants shall be disqualified.
All applications will be judged based on the same criteria: essay, 60% (originality, emotional impact, audience engagement); letters of recommendation, 25%; school and community activities, 15%. Final decisions about Scholarship Recipients will be made at the sole and absolute discretion of the panel of judges.
The Program Sponsor reserves the right not to award all Scholarships in the event it receives an insufficient number of eligible entries that meet the minimum judging criteria, as determined by the Program Sponsor at its sole and absolute discretion.
Award recipients will be notified by telephone and email by end of July 2023. Those applicants not selected may or may not be notified based on Program Sponsors' discretion. A list of Scholarship recipients will be available on the website at a later date. Please visit www.AspireHigherScholarships.com.
- Award recipients must sign and return all required documents from the administrator within 10 business days of the date notification is received by the award recipients via signature-required mail. If the person awarded a Scholarship is a Minor at that time, the Minor's parent/legal guardian must sign and return the required documents from the administrator
- If an award recipient fails, or his/her parent/legal guardian fails, to return the signed documentation within 10 business days of the date notification is received by the award recipient, the award recipient shall be deemed to have declined the Scholarship and an alternate recipient may be awarded a Scholarship. The Program Sponsor recommends sending the completed documentation with a delivery confirmation
- If the Program Sponsor is unable to locate an award recipient within 10 days, then such an award recipient may be disqualified and, at the Program Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, an alternate recipient may be awarded a Scholarship
- Students will be required to provide proof of application, acceptance, or attendance at a college, university, or vocational or technical school. Scholarships will be paid in one installment directly to the Qualifying Institution*
*If you have applied to an academic institution for 2023-2024 but have not yet been accepted, you will need to communicate your status to Ortho Dermatologics at the time you are selected as a scholarship award winner. Once you have been accepted and made your decision as to where you will attend in the fall of 2023 or spring of 2024, you will need to communicate this information in a timely manner in order for the scholarship to be paid to the institution you will be attending for the fall or spring semester.
- Scholarship redemption is subject to the recipient submitting verification of enrollment at a Qualifying Institution
- Scholarship may NOT be used for online courses or distance learning programs UNLESS the online course or distance learning program is offered by an educational institution which also maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled student body that attends classes at a physical location where the educational institution habitually engages in educational activities
- Scholarship awards must be used only for education-related expenses
- Scholarships will be paid in one installment directly to the Qualifying Institution but may cover more than one semester as long as the total provided in any academic year is up to $10,000
- Scholarships are not transferable
- If an award recipient withdraws from enrollment during the academic year of the scholarship award without the approval of the Program Sponsor, any refund will be property of the Program Sponsor
- Applicants are not eligible for a scholarship if they are eligible for reimbursement of prescriptions, in whole or in part, by any federal, state or other governmental programs, including, but not limited to, Medicare (including Medicare Advantage and Part A, B and D Plans), Medicaid, TRICARE, Veterans Administration or Department of Defense health coverage, CHAMPUS, the Puerto Rico Government Health Insurance Plan, or any other federal or state health care programs
General Terms and Conditions
- Applicants agree to abide by the terms of these Rules & Regulations and by all decisions of the Program Sponsor and the judges of the Program, which are final and without appeal in all matters pertaining to the Program
- The Program is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws
- All taxes, fees, and surcharges of any kind relating to the award of a Scholarship are the sole responsibility of each award recipient
- Return of any notification sent to an award recipient via certified mail marked as "refused," "undeliverable," "no such address," or any similar mark may result in the disqualification of the award recipient and the selection of an alternate award recipient
- By submitting an application, each applicant (or if the applicant is a Minor, the Minor's parent/legal guardian) agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor Parties from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising from or in connection with the Program or any Scholarship awarded thereunder
- The Program Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any applicant that it finds has or is believed to have tampered with the application process or the operation of the Program or otherwise violated these Rules & Regulations
- By agreeing to these Rules, Regulations, Terms and Conditions, applicants agree that in the event they are awarded an Ortho Dermatologics ASPIRE HIGHER Program Scholarship, the Program Sponsor has full permission to use the Scholarship recipients' names, likenesses and quotes in any advertising, websites or promotional materials relating to this competition and to post their names and home towns on www.AspireHigherScholarships.com as being recipients of said Scholarship
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN APPLICANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM WILL BE TAKEN VERY SERIOUSLY BY THE PROGRAM SPONSOR, AND THE PROGRAM SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL DAMAGES AVAILABLE TO IT UNDER THE LAW.
Limitations of Liability
The Program Sponsor shall not be liable for any inaccuracies or technical failures in connection with the application process, including but not limited to, (i) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by an applicant or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in/by the Program, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of applications submitted to the Program; (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission in connection with the Program, or communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any application; or (iii) problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to applicant's (or to any other person's) computer related to or resulting from downloading/submitting materials to, or otherwise participating in, the Program. If, for any reason, the Program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Program Sponsor, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Program, the Program Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Program, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way. In no event will the Program Sponsor be liable for any incidental, consequential, special, or indirect damages, even if the Program Sponsor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Except where prohibited by law, by submitting an application and participating in the Program, each applicant (or, if an applicant is a Minor, the Minor's parent or legal guardian) agrees that:
Any controversy or dispute, claim, and cause of action arising out of or connected with the Program or any Scholarship awarded which cannot be resolved in good faith by the parties shall be settled by arbitration. Such arbitration shall be conducted by an arbitrator selected by the Program Sponsor in its discretion and shall take place in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties to the arbitration without any party reserving the right to appeal to a court of competent jurisdiction, all such rights of appeal being hereby expressly waived. Each party shall pay its own costs, fees and expenses relating to the arbitration and any joint costs, fees, and expenses relating to the arbitration shall be shared equally among the parties.
- Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in submitting an application to the Program, and in no event shall any claim, judgment or award include attorneys' fees
- Applicant hereby waives all rights to claim indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased
Sponsored: Ortho Dermatologics
400 Somerset Corporate Blvd.
Bridgewater, NJ 08807